The Socialist Party USA condemns the decision to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) Executive Order. The decision will negatively affect millions of immigrants and their families. As an Executive order, this protection has always been fragile and there lies the problem.
The rescinding of DACA effects many residents in many ways. It affects students and tenants and workers. 75,000 LGBTQ+ youth are also affected with the end of DACA.
The Socialist Party calls for the immediate resumption of protections under DACA and calls for the following from or Platform.
The Socialist Party works to build a world in which everyone will be able to freely move across borders, to visit and to live wherever they choose. We recognize the central role global capitalism plays in forcing
the immigration of people from the less developed to the more industrialized countries, often leading to further economic and social injustice.
• We support secular democratic states, assuring equal rights to every citizen and resident in accordance with the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
• We oppose the militarization of the United States/Mexican border, and an increase in the service budget instead of the "military" budget of the INS.
• We defend the rights of all immigrants to education, health care, and full civil and legal rights and call for an unconditional amnesty program for all undocumented people. We oppose the imposition of any
fees on those receiving amnesty.
• We call for an end to the use of "secret evidence" in deportation hearings, a ban on all immigration detentions and military tribunals, and full due process and habeus corpus rights in U.S. courts for all non-citizens on U.S. territory or in U.S. custody. We demand an end to police raids in areas where immigrants congregate.
• We oppose "guest worker" programs.
• We call for full citizenship rights upon demonstrating residency for six months.
As Socialists, we work to build a world in which everyone will be able to freely move across borders, to visit and to live wherever they choose. We will continue to fight a racist and xenophobic US Federal Government, specifically a new presidential administration which has pandered to the worst of US racism and imperialism.
passed by the SPUSA National Action Committee Sept 7, 2017